From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jae
Rossman
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 10:31 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] April 8 CT artist's book event

Next weekend during the library's open house, the Arts of the Book
Collection will be sponsoring a fun event.  We will be releasing the
text of the artist's book Soap Story by Angela Lorenz.  In this work,
the form adds extra meaning as we must wash with the soap, like the
protagonist in the story, in order to be able to read the text inside
and see the story unfold.

For a sneak preview, visit the artist's web site:
http://www.angelalorenzartistsbooks.com/opere/soapstory.htm

Hope to see you all on April 8 between 10:30 and 1:30.  If the
weather is nice we'll be washing our hands in front of the library,
otherwise we'll be just inside the High Street entrance.  Bring
friends and family!

For more information on the Library's Open House
http://www.library.yale.edu/75th/apr_75.htm

For directions to Sterling Memorial Library
http://www.library.yale.edu/libraries/smldirect.html

Jae Jennifer Rossman
Special Collections Librarian, Arts Library
Yale University Library
PO Box 208240
New Haven CT  06520-8240 USA
(203) 432-1712