[BKARTS] Edible Book Festival-Atlanta

Literacy Volunteers Atlanta and The Southeast Chapter of The Guild of Book Workers Present
Edible Book Festival 2006
Saturday, April 1
Little Shop of Stories / Jake’s Ice Cream
515 North McDonough Street
Decatur, GA 30030

Set up – 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
Viewing – 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Eating – 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm

It’s time to play with your food and eat your words at the 3rd annual Edible Book Festival -- Atlanta

Three judges will be "reading" our edible books, we will raffle off three cakes from Rhodes Bakery, Bagel Palace & Deli, The Cake Company, as well as gift certificates. Raffle tickets are being sold as fund raisers for Literacy Volunteers.

Literacy Volunteers Atlanta and the Southeast Chapter of the Guild of Book Workers invite book artists, book lovers, chefs and foodies of all ages to cook up a literary feast.

Set up will be from 12:30 until 2:00; the show will begin promptly at 2:00, and at 3:30 the creations will be eaten. See www.books2eat.com for photos of previous years’ events around the world.

What is an Edible Book?
An edible book is just that -- a book that is edible, made out of food rather than paper and board. But the festival embraces more than books… it includes anything book related, such as a scene or character from a book, book covers, or book structures … the sky’s the limit!

How to begin?
What's your favorite food? Chocolate? Cheese? Vegetables? Materials can be any food items that will make an edible book or book-related food art. Visit the market with a new view of food as an art material. Imagine books of broccoli, tart tomes, pages of pasta… you get the idea.

Please join us as we enjoy our books and eat them too.

Saturday, April 1, from 12:30 - 4:00 PM