Re: [BKARTS] Dominic Riley in Los Angeles

Thanks, Marcia.  I do hope the meandering book will
come back, but until then....

Art Fest was the most amazing experience; I couldn't
possibly put it into words, unless I worked REALLY
hard!  I took Opie and Linda O'Brien's tin class and
had a lot of fun with it.  Suffice to say, I am
collecting tin now LOL!  LK Ludwig's class involved an
old phonograph case - the kind with pockets for each
record.  We deconstructed it and I'm still working on
it...great fun.  I took a mosaic self portrait class
(using paper; mostly magazines)..didn't grab me, but
others did fantastic work.  But the real action was
the people and the "sessions" - Michael de Meng gave
an astonishing opening talk...I'll have to find the
link for you, but it's not anywhere near as impactful
as hearing him.  I stayed in the dorms and had a
terrific roommate; there was a "party room" across the
hall from me with unbelieveable people...the talent at
the Fest had my head spinning.  Teachers shared their
experiences living as artists and/or having "day jobs"
in a panel discussion...excellent.

I did a weekend with Juliana Coles this past Sun/Sat.
She is incredibly inspiring and wild!  I love her.

I'm leaving for Brussels on Thursday next, so I can't
report on Europe....yet :-)

How are things with you?

Judi