Re: [BKARTS] Japanese Paper for Leather Board Reattachment

I use FW Acrylic Artists Ink, made by Daler-Rowney. They are relatively expensive, although one can order larger bottles of a particular color at a considerably lower price per ounce or gram or whatever. Special orders take a very long time to fill, I have found.

The inks have good lightfastness ratings, and many are transparent colors, which allows the undertone of the paper to show through slightly, giving the dyed surface more vivacity. They can be easily used with brush or airbrush. For your project hand brushing or wiping of the ink would work perfectly well. Apply the mixed ink, let it dry. It won't take long, since it is acrylic. Most of the time I do not dilute, but if a light tone is needed, then I will experiment with measured dilutions of water. Often, I have made lots of samples, which I keep attached to a notebook page, together with the color(s) used and the diluent ratio. This dye-book has saved me hours of time over the years.

Carol
=====