From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Philip Zimmermann
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 12:19 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Dissolving Books

I think this is a really great assignment. Hats off to you, Tom. I might
steal it (though giving you credit of course).

If you think spiral binding is embarrassing, you are obviously thinking
"book arts" and not "artists' books". There is absolutely nothing wrong with
spiral-binding. This is not a book-binding class, clearly.

Think content and concept.

On 5/7/06 2:56 PM, you wrote:

> I'd be embarrassed to display so many spiral-bound books as examplars of a
> college-level "book-arts" class.
>
> Signa

The
> Ex-Boyfriend Yearbook, and a volume which documents the life and death of
> a Tootsie Roll Pop) may be viewed at:
>
> http://english.boisestate.edu/ttrusky/dissolving.html

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .    .    .

Philip Zimmermann
6455 Montgomery Street
Rhinebeck NY 12572

T :   845.876.2719