Re: [BKARTS] Gold stamping with letterpress type

Yes, it can. When I bought my Kwikprint Model 86 I got all my type from
M&H in San Francisco, <http://www.arionpress.com/mandh/>. The smaller type
is regular type one would use for
letterpress, the larger faces a somewhat harder alloy. While the type can
be deformed by use of excessive pressure, with proper use it will last a
long time. I've had mine for almost 8 years and used it for stamping into
leather, vellum, all sorts of cloth and paper, even plexi. It all
depends on the touch. The cost can't be beat either. I purchases 2 faces in 7
sizes each for about $800. Since it's by weight you get a lot of letters
in the smaller sizes and more than enough in any case for basic titling.

Peter

Philobiblon: Book Arts Different by Design
Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://www.philobiblon.com>