Re: [BKARTS] Gold stamping with letterpress type

	I do it all the time.  Letterpress type can be purchased on EBAY for a song.  Be certain all letters are represented,
though.  I've gotten sets lacking a letter and sets having only one of some letters.  My fault, since the sellers always
display photographs of the type.
	Most sellers are quite conscientious.  I got a set of letterpress type with kerns, and many of the kerns were broken
off in transit.  The seller replaced the entire set, no questions asked.  That seller was homerlea.

--

 Jet Foncannon
 Philadelphia, PA  19139

 ON THE OPEN-MINDEDNESS OF SCIENTISTS

	Rabi and Kusch, the former and current chairman of the department [at Columbia University] came into my office...."You
should stop the work you are doing. You know it's not going to work.  We know it's not going to work. You're wasting
money.  Just stop!"
	Llewelyn H. Thomas, a noted Columbia theorist, told me that the maser flatly could not, due to basic physics
principles, provide a pure frequency with the performance I predicted.  So certain was he that he more or less refused
to listen to my explanations. After it did work, he just stopped talking to me.
			Charles S. Townes, "How the Laser Happened."

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006