[BKARTS] from clever to corny

Just a thought -

"Successful bookmakers always employ the appropriate and frequently they exploit special features, properties, or idiosyncrasies of the "ingredients""

True, but I think this can go too far. When a book is just too darn clever - it appears more like an illustration or a one-liner - and enters the World of the Lame. I think too many artist books that fall into this category - and instead of making the viewer really think about the whole project or piece - s/he sees it, gets it, and moves on. Nothing worth remembering.

Just sayin'.

Your Friend-

-Scott Teplin