Re: [BKARTS] Gold stamping with letterpress type

Marcus,

While mono type is softer than foundry type it can be used as Peter has
mentioned. Foundry is appealing but replacing it may prove impossible in the
future: it has almost entirely disappeared from current production. Some
letterpress printers would be sorry to see a fine and or rare face lost due to
stamping.

I have developed a method of printing gold leaf without heat thus  protecting
my faces from the wear of the heat. But you need a good press which  is a bit
more involved than having access to a heating stamping machine.

Leonard  Seastone
The Tideline Press
68 Brook Street
West Sayville, New  York