[BKARTS] Upcoming Workshops at Valley Ridge Art Studio

BlankMay Workshops

Don't miss this 4-day workshop at Valley Ridge --- Beads, Books & Paint!
with Robin Atkins  which will be held from May 19th through Mary 22nd. In
this cross-discipline workshop, you will make a deeply personal journal,
scrapbook, or photo album, each requiring a slightly different construction
method. Every student will take home a beautiful and unique hand-bound book
with painted covers, bead embroidery inset into the front cover, and painted
signature covers. We only have 3 spaces left in Robin's workshop.  To learn
more about her and her workshop, click on the following url...
http://www.valleyridgeartstudio.com/programs/workshop.asp?WorkshopID=4

June Workshops

Consulting the Oracle: A Visual Journalist's Archetypal Deck & Companion
Guidebook: A self Expression Retreat will be presented by Juliana Coles.
This 3-day workshop will take place on June 23rd, 24th, and 25th.  In this
weekend initiatory journey, you will create a unique deck of book-sized
cards, rich with personal symbols, using radical mixed media techniques
developed by Juliana Coles. Mixed media is the bridge that will allow you to
activate your inner Innocent, Orphan, Wanderer, Warrior, Martyr and Magician
internal spirits, energies or archetypes to either help you on your journey,
or hinder the pilgrim's progress. You will find that YOU are the Oracle that
you seek. We will also alter a found book as our Companion Guidebook. This
Guidebook, broken into designated "chapters" for each card, will also house
your deck of cards! This is a unique aspect of the workshop: our tools for
expression and our cards for intention and focus are all in the same safe
place. Then using Visual Journaling techniques that combine freeform journal
writing exercises with image making assignments, learn to access the images
and voices contained in your cards for further dialogue and expression in
your Companion Guidebook or Visual Journal. You will begin this journey with
an old library book, textbook, or any other existing book form that can be
altered to become our Visual Journal of Archetypal Chapters.  To register
for this fabulous workshop, click on
http://www.valleyridgeartstudio.com/programs/workshop.asp?WorkshopID=7

July Workshops

Geraldine Newfry from Chicago, will be teaching how to create a Preserved
Relic Polymer Clay Journal.  Join us on July 8th ad 9th as you capture
evidence of your journeys in a resin well within polymer clay.  Maybe your
art journal was created in the year of cicada, maybe your journal will
preserve evidence of objects found in the Sahara, maybe you'll capture
charms and photos of a bygone era.  Delve into polymer clay manipulation and
design and construct a long stitch journal with time honored techniques.
You will leave with a completed journal and ideas for many more.  To read
more about Geraldine's workshops,
http://www.valleyridgeartstudio.com/programs/workshop.asp?WorkshopID=9

Keely Barham is returning to Valley Ridge to offer Dear To My Hart Beaded
Locket on July 15th and 16th.  We will create a beaded locket to showcase up
to three tiny pictures of loved ones or your choice of artwork.  Techniques
that you will learn include designing the locket shape, bead embroidery
stitches, peyote stitch, making peyote tube beads and beaded bail and
several fringing and edging techniques.  To read more about this workshop,
click on
http://www.valleyridgeartstudio.com/programs/workshop.asp?WorkshopID=10.

Nina Bagley's July workshop,  Sticks and Stones workshop is filled, but she
is offering a 3-day workshop in August....From the Ground Up: Building Your
Own Spirit Village/Necklace Installation from August 4th through August 6th.
Spend an unrushed 3 days constructing several houses of various sizes, as
well as a simply mica booklace to nestle within one of the structures,
creating your own at home "installation."  Imagine how beautiful this
gathering of little spirit houses will be when daylight falls and these are
lit from with with the help of a string of tiny white lights.  Bonus:  Nina
has added a custom workshop segment on glass and stone drilling, as well as
ways to use a dremel for rock work, to this program. These techniques allow
you to incorporate natural findings into your artwork by using simple hand
drilling, wiring, hammering and collage.  There is only 1 spaces left in
this workshops.  To register, click on
http://www.valleyridgeartstudio.com/programs/workshop.asp?WorkshopID=13

Other Workshop That Are Nearly Filled

DJ Pettit's Daily Observations: Art Folio which will take place on August
12th and 13th has 3 spaces left.
http://www.valleyridgeartstudio.com/programs/workshop.asp?WorkshopID=14

Carol Barton, Pop-Up Paper Structures has only  3  spaces left.  She is
coming to Valley Ridge on August 26th an 27th.
http://www.valleyridgeartstudio.com/programs/workshop.asp?WorkshopID=15

Silk Paper Making with Karen Wallace has only 3 spaces left.  She is
teaching this workshop on Sunday, October 1st.
http://www.valleyridgeartstudio.com/programs/workshop.asp?WorkshopID=20

If you are interested in any of the above workshops, I would recommend
registering soon than later to guarantee a space.

For a listing of all workshops at Valley Ridge, click on
www.valleyridgeartstudio.com

May the creative muse move your spirit.
Cheers,
Kathy

Kathy Malkasian
Valley Ridge Art Studio

To View The New 2006
workshop schedule:
www.valleyridgeartstudio.com

If you DO NOT want to receive further emails from Valley Ridge Art Studio,
please contact me at kathym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Type "unsubscribe" in
the subject box.  (If the subject box is blank, I assume it is a virus and
will automatically delete it.)

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006