To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2006 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] technical question

I too always insert a metal sheet (with wax paper folded around it) between
the endsheets when pressing. I buy from then http://www.onlinemetals.com/
They will custom cut to size. A stainless steel 28 gauge plate 12"x9" runs
$3.29. A 10"x7" plate in the same gauge runs $2.10. Or at least that was
the price the last time I ordered.

For smaller books I buy 4"x6" sheets of roof flashing on Home Depot for
something like $2 for a package of 10.   The flashing is aluminum and is
more easily bent, but it doesn't matter because it is dirt cheap.

Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "LA. Book Arts" <typenut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>