From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of J.
J. Foncannon
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2006 1:53 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: technical question, more cheaply

	Plexiglas rods for spine dimpling can be purchased from, for example,
Gaylord liubrary supply,
http://www.gaylordmart.com/adblock.asp?abid=1709&sid=5B3EFB9264F14ED5B390FB6
51DE175&search_by=desc&search_for=plexiglas.
 The price including postage is about $1.25 each.  A better source is your
average plastics supply house;  in
Philadelphia, that would be Arch Street Plastics.  They sell the same
plexiglas in 6 foot lengths for $1.00, or about
$.17 a foot.  Not only is it vastly cheaper, but its better to buy it this
way and cut it to accommodate whatever size
you want.

--

 Jet Foncannon
 Philadelphia, PA  19139

 ON THE OPEN-MINDEDNESS OF SCIENTISTS

	Rabi and Kusch, the former and current chairman of the department [at
Columbia University] came into my office...."You
should stop the work you are doing. You know it's not going to work.  We
know it's not going to work. You're wasting
money.  Just stop!"
	Llewelyn H. Thomas, a noted Columbia theorist, told me that the maser
flatly could not, due to basic physics
principles, provide a pure frequency with the performance I predicted.  So
certain was he that he more or less refused
to listen to my explanations. After it did work, he just stopped talking to
me.
			Charles S. Townes, "How the Laser Happened."

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006