Re: [BKARTS] Blood?

Leeches?  Vampire bats?

Signa

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
William Minter
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 10:45 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Blood?

On May 14, 2006, at 5:34 AM, Abi Sutherland wrote:

> So what techniques are available for getting fresh blood out of paper
> and
> leather?  It might be useful to know this BEFORE I manage to cut myself
> again...

******************************
One thing that might work, depending on the paper or leather, is your
own saliva --- especially if you don't want to use a chemical that
could cause yet another problem.
I know that saliva worked on the collar of my shirt. I was headed to a
meeting and looked in the mirror of my car to check on a nick from
shaving and there was a blood stain. Since I had no time to go home and
change, I sucked on my collar and the blood stain was gone ---- kinda
gross, but it worked, especially when there was an immediate need
(?emergency?).
Bill Minter

                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit