Re: [BKARTS] Electrically heated gilding rolls?

I have been using Sam's wheel for a couple of years now.  WARNING:  there are absolutlely no instructions included.
Learning to use the wheel is, well, an experiment in frustration:  temperature, dwell time, preparation of the book
edge. I used four letter words I didn't remember I knew.  There are a host of variables to consider. James Tapley
generously walked me through this process. I recommend his expertise.  Also there is a lot of stuff archived on "edge
gilding."  I suggest you read it if you are new at this.

--

 Jet Foncannon
 Philadelphia, PA  19139

 ON THE OPEN-MINDEDNESS OF SCIENTISTS

	Rabi and Kusch, the former and current chairman of the department [at Columbia University] came into my office...."You
should stop the work you are doing. You know it's not going to work.  We know it's not going to work. You're wasting
money.  Just stop!"
	Llewelyn H. Thomas, a noted Columbia theorist, told me that the maser flatly could not, due to basic physics
principles, provide a pure frequency with the performance I predicted.  So certain was he that he more or less refused
to listen to my explanations. After it did work, he just stopped talking to me.
			Charles S. Townes, "How the Laser Happened."

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006