Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 20 May 2006 to 22 May 2006 (#2006-46)

Maxine,
Who ever said you have to be quiet, unassuming and modest?
Victorian! Shout your enthusiasm to the hills.
Cheers,
Alice

A L I C E * S I M P S O N
D A N C E M A R A T H O N
WEBSITE:www.alicesimpson.com

> From:    Maxine Farkas <maxquilts@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: New Volumes: Contemporary Artists' Books
>
> As curator I should be quiet, unassuming and modest about this exhibit . . .
> but I can't be any of the above!
>
> The opening was Saturday and despite a week of floods and displacements and
> myriad other events in and around Lowell we had a wonderful turnout . . .
> must have been a success because there were folks lingering long after the
> gallery was supposed to close.
>
> If you are in eastern Massachusetts, please do stop by the exhibit and let
> me know what you think . . . this is the first time a gallery has let me
> curate a book exhibit and I am totally not objective about it.
>
> Maxine
>
> New Volumes: Contemporary Artists' Books
> 119 Gallery
> 119 Chelmsford
> Lowell, MA 01851
> http://www.119gallery.org/
> May 12 - June 23, Tuesday - Sunday 12 - 5pm
> The show includes work by Karen Bettencourt, Maxine Farkas, John Greenwald,
> Steve Syverson, Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord and Dorothy Simposon Krause.
>
> 119 Gallery is directly across from the train station, a short commute from
> Boston to Lowell.

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006