[BKARTS] Minnesota Center for Book Arts Announces Winners of Binding Design Competition

Minnesota Center for Book Arts (MCBA) is pleased to announce the winners of
Ignited, a competition and exhibition of design bindings created for the
Laurel Poetry Collective's 2006 Anthology.

Best Thematic Interpretation: Esther Kibby
Best Use of Handmade Paper: Theresa Harsma
Best Use of Leather: Dennis Ruud
Best Use of Alternative Materials: Lori Brink
Overall Excellence: Jana Pullman

Congratulations to all the winners! We would like to thank our panel of
jurors: Wendy Fernstrum, book artist and printmaker; Paulette Myers-Rich,
photographer, book artist and educator; Bridget O'Malley, papermaker, book
artist and proprietor of Cave Paper; and Yvette Nelson and Mary L. Junge
representing the Laurel Poetry Collective. We¹d also like to extend a big
thanks to Wet Paint and Cave Paper for their generous donations of gift
certificates that were used as prizes for the winners.

If you are in the Twin Cities metro area, be sure to stop by and see all of
the unique books on display in this celebration of words and artistry. A
collection of Laurel Poetry Collective broadsides completes the show. On
display through July 8.  MCBA's next competition is the Dia de los Muertos
Postcard Contest.  For details, visit
http://www.mnbookarts.org/events/futureexhibits.html
<http://www.mnbookarts.org/events/futureexhibits.html> .

--