From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roberta
Lavadour
Sent: Saturday, 27 May 2006 11:47 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Gluing Boxes Square - Using a jig to help

I learned from Martha Little the benefit of using a "box-box" to keep things
square when assembling boxes. Mine is made of plywood finished with formica
- it's got a floor piece approx. 12" x 12" with two adjoining walls that
have been set at perfect 90 degree angles. The binder board edges of box
parts are glued up, placed together, then pushed into the corner of the
box-box and held against the walls with weights until dry. (the more sharp
and clean the edges are on the weights, the better).

You can see my "box-box" sitting on my work bench (look through the lamp
arms on the left) in the photo that accompanies "The Practical Bench" in the
Spring 2005 edition of "The Bonefolder".

After using this for the past few years, I swear by it.

all the best,
Roberta

Roberta Lavadour - Pendleton, OR
paper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx