Re: [BKARTS] Silicon paper / waxed paper - assembling boxes

What also works very well are mylar or acetate sheets, and both are cleanable.

In terms of making boxes though, as long as the pieces are cut square, including the "angle" of the cuts themselves. I have never had any problems assembling box trays. I generally use straight PVA, put on thickish bead of adhesive along the sidewall edge to be adheared, wait a few seconds, push it in place and brush the excess smooth inside the case. Along the corners of the tray I MIGHT use some little strips of masking tape to hold the sidewalls in place, or a weight for a brief time, but that's about it.

Assembling box trays is not rocket science, nor are the materials needed. Let's not make this more complicated than it needs to be.

Peter

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>