Re: [BKARTS] Kensol die glue?

Carole:

We use a 3M product. It's a double sided, heat activated tape # 5 8 3.

When are foil stamping at about 300 degrees F. This temp also works well for sticking the tape to the die.

You will need to mark your dies for dead center positioning along the edges of the dies. A Sharpie pen works just fine. Then use a scrap piece of cover board for a pattern set up. Mark this board with vertical and horizontal position lines for the die.

Line up the dead center marks on the edges of your die with the lines on your set up board.

Next, cut the tape the size of the die (we use a double thickness of tape for secure mounting) place it on the back side of the die, check your positioning again if you have any concern that it has moved when you lay the tape on it.

Lower the Kensol platen to make firm contact with the die. Hold it down for 5 to 10 seconds to heat the tape enough to make a bond. Then you're all set - but check again for positioning.

To remove the die after you have finished foul stamping we use a flat paper knife and an old backing hammer. Place the tip of the knife (or some other flat strong item) along one edge of the die where it meets with the platen and tap a few times with the hammer. It should loosen it enough that you can pry it off.

If you need further help let me know.

Greg Campbell
Campbell-Logan Bindery, Inc.
212 Second St. N.
Mpls., MN 55401
800-942-6224

I just bought a Kensol for stamping dies. The dies I have are not type-high, and I understand that I have to glue them to the flat chase. What kind of glue is used for this?

Carole Vanderhoof
Lonely Pine Bindery
http://lonelypine.ce-service.biz

Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit