From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of J. J.
Foncannon
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:35 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] looking for booksites

Yes! I want to see it!!!

--

 Jet Foncannon
 Philadelphia, PA  19139

 ON THE OPEN-MINDEDNESS OF SCIENTISTS

	Rabi and Kusch, the former and current chairman of the department
[at Columbia University] came into my office...."You should stop the work
you are doing. You know it's not going to work.  We know it's not going to
work. You're wasting money.  Just stop!"
	Llewelyn H. Thomas, a noted Columbia theorist, told me that the
maser flatly could not, due to basic physics principles, provide a pure
frequency with the performance I predicted.  So certain was he that he more
or less refused to listen to my explanations. After it did work, he just
stopped talking to me.
			Charles S. Townes, "How the Laser Happened."

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006