Re: [BKARTS] removing cigaret smell from books/ comprehensive list of Book ArtsFairs

	Rather than giving a link which doesn't work, or which is out of date the very next day,  or which connects to a
website where the desired material is nowhere to be seen and has to be searched for, why don't people just cut and paste
the desired material into the e-mail?
	This is a favorite gripe of mine.

--

 Jet Foncannon
 Philadelphia, PA  19139

 ON THE OPEN-MINDEDNESS OF SCIENTISTS

	Rabi and Kusch, the former and current chairman of the department [at Columbia University] came into my office...."You
should stop the work you are doing. You know it's not going to work.  We know it's not going to work. You're wasting
money.  Just stop!"
	Llewelyn H. Thomas, a noted Columbia theorist, told me that the maser flatly could not, due to basic physics
principles, provide a pure frequency with the performance I predicted.  So certain was he that he more or less refused
to listen to my explanations. After it did work, he just stopped talking to me.
			Charles S. Townes, "How the Laser Happened."

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006