Carol
Eugene, OR
-------

On Jul 3, 2006, at 8:08 PM, J. J. Foncannon wrote:

Rather than giving a link which doesn't work, or which is out of date the very next day, or which connects to a
website where the desired material is nowhere to be seen and has to be searched for, why don't people just cut and paste
the desired material into the e-mail?
This is a favorite gripe of mine.

The Prints & The Paper wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Lucy
Childs

Two questions: Does anyone know how to get the cigaret smell out of books?

Here is what book dealers use:

http://www.bibliophilebullpen.com/

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006

-- *********************************************************

 Jet Foncannon
 Philadelphia, PA  19139

ON THE OPEN-MINDEDNESS OF SCIENTISTS

Rabi and Kusch, the former and current chairman of the department [at Columbia University] came into my office...."You
should stop the work you are doing. You know it's not going to work. We know it's not going to work. You're wasting
money. Just stop!"
Llewelyn H. Thomas, a noted Columbia theorist, told me that the maser flatly could not, due to basic physics
principles, provide a pure frequency with the performance I predicted. So certain was he that he more or less refused
to listen to my explanations. After it did work, he just stopped talking to me.
Charles S. Townes, "How the Laser Happened."

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006

Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006