Re: [BKARTS] missing apostrophe

Thanks but no thanks:

1) Draw it in with a decent drawing pen/marker. I wouldn't take this risk..might smudge...
2) Tip in a new page after painstakingly removing the 50 you've already
printed and bound. 360 page book of poetry...section sewn..so not a viable option
3) Ignore it. Mistakes add character. probably the best option but it is annoying me..
4) Throw away the whole damned manuscript and try again...with more
attention to detail and Zero Profit by the end of it all (when you
consider the sunk cost of the last messed up version). quite a lovely production so not an option....
5) Increase the price of the book, calling it a "collectors edition"
because it is a misprint, and (using the excuse)" Don't misprints make
it more valuable in the long run?" short run..not for shop sale
6) Learn to hire a real proofreader and hope that they are good at what
they do (because everyone makes mistakes). proofed it myself..I could send my qualification back or jump of a bridge
7) Start pointing out the mistakes that EVERY Publisher/Book Artist
makes, because we all know that the price of absolute perfection is ZERO
profit... valid option but lacks integrity
8) Do like my son and blame it on his sister... blaming the writer - who is my customer, not such a good idea...
9) Realize that few people, if any, will notice.
10) Make jokes about it during the opening party, and blame the writer:
tell everyone that he tries to be Robbie Burns and writes in accent -
but that no one knows what an American accent sounds like anyways. Worse
yet, tell people that this book is a literary experiment in
"Net-Speak"...IMHO...LOL! :)

I think we are going for the woodblock..and a clear, matt nail vanish...
Jess

Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006