Re: [BKARTS] new to book arts

Welcome to the list. You will find many good people here.

First one to come to mind re: your query  is
       S.K. Gaylord
The website she has for teachers, young people is
    makingbooks.com

Try that out for some forms that represent cultures found around the world.
Gaylord's exhibition/book arts site really worth looking at, too and can be linked from the makingbooks.com page.

Have a great year with your students. The project sounds great and very ambitious!
Best wishes, J.