[BKARTS] missing apostrophe and summer reading

Bill Minter writes:

On Jul 3, 2006, at 10:31 PM, Octavia & Co. Press wrote:

 6) Learn to hire a real proofreader and hope that they are good at what
 they do (because everyone makes mistakes).

Before the advent of "spellchecker", a friend suggested that I:
backwards document/letter a proofread to: ---- : to proofread a letter/document backwards. Mistakes seem to be much more obvious, at least for spelling.

And if you do hire a professional proofreader, don't hire the cheapest one.

Another trick of the editorial trade is to proof layouts upside down -- it's a great way of catching bad punctuation in general, as well as widows and orphans.

Am reading a quite interesting book called "Type: The Secret History of Letters," by Simon Loxley (published by I.B. Tauris). Type junkies (like me) might find it a pleasant summer read....

Linda

Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006