[BKARTS] Call For Submissions Artists and Writers

Working Journals, a fine press publishing group is looking for submissions to include in their new book. this will be the third annual juried book by Working Journals. the edition size will be one hundred books, all hand bound, and they will be distributed and sold nation wide.

please visit WorkingJournals.com for further details, the full text of the call is posted below.

***********************
For our Winter 2006 publication, Working Journals is calling for submissions of both visual art and literature addressing the topics of Risk and Management.

The Risk/Management issue will consist of two volumes, allowing for an entire volume for each of the two themes. As a result of this dual structure, we are asking contributors for two pieces of visual art or written work: one piece exploring risk, the other examining management.

Potential contributors please submit an exemplar piece of previous work along with a general sketch or outline of the art or writing you wish to submit. We are interested in a variety of styles and variations on each given theme. Give us what you do best, fiction, essays, poetry, drawings, prints, collages etc.

Here are your only restrictions:

Visual art must not exceed 7"x8" or 7"x15 3/4", and must be printable via letterpress / silkscreen. We will not be doing digital reproductions. We will however do multiple layer prints so give us a holler and we will work with you to print your image how you want it.

Any printmakers interested in printing their own work, we will gladly supply money for paper stock.

Written work must be less than thirty double-spaced pages.

That's it. Have a ball. Here is how to get it to us.

Please send visual submissions in low-resolution digital files to robot at dlot.nu along with your contact information. If we are interested we will ask for a better quality image. Literary submissions should be sent to the same address as Microsoft Word documents.

In conjunction with our third issue, we are planning a series of exhibitions to promote and display the finished book. Thus, we are accepting submissions from which we will curate the show. There are no size limitations and all media is welcomed. Those interested in contributing will not be required to submit work that addresses both risk and management, but pieces must deal in some manner with at least one of the topics.

Questions and queries?
Contact: Willy Blackmore wb at natel.net

Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006