Re: [BKARTS] Traveling to India

Hi Peter,
I bought wonderful large sheets of brown handmade paper here a couple of
years ago and had them send it back to the states using my fedex number.
Even with the cost of shipping it was only about a dollar a sheet. Their
website looks very commercial but the papermaking facility is a huge
operation <http://www.handmadepaper.com/process.htm> and very worth a visit.

Have a wonderful trip. It's a fascinating area.
Dot

Ahetram A.  Kagzi, Director
Salim¹s Paper
Gramodyog road
Sanganer-303 902 Jaipur,  India
91-141-730222
salimspaper@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.handmadepaper.com

On 7/4/06 12:00 AM, "BOOK_ARTS-L automatic digest system"
<LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Date:    Mon, 3 Jul 2006 17:31:59 +1000
> From:    Peter Krantz <restore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Travelling to India
>
> Greetings to all,
>
> We will soon be going to Delhi, and Jaipur.  Can anyone suggest any
> interesting and useful book-related places, such as papermaking,
> marbling, bookbinding, book conservation?
>
> Thank you
>
> Peter Krantz
> Book Restorations
> Sydney