Re: [BKARTS] Epson Stylus Pro 4000

The Epson 400 was never designed to print in registration from side to side.
When the sheet is grabbed by the roller transport system it causes the sheet
to torque or twist slightly causing misalignment. To solve this I have put
binding board guides on the outside edge of the the paper tray, this helps
with the twisting.  Also Epson has strange min. paper margins that reverse
when the sheet is turned over, this you need to adjust by trail and error,
but I think they are off by approximately 1/4".
For a more accurate registration try to find a printer with an HP Indigo
press.  This is a digital press that takes one one sheet size, 12x18, but
Mohawk makes a Super Fine I-tone that prints photos wonderfully and also
works well with letterpress.
Dionysus Press
www.dionysuspress.com