Re: [BKARTS] Epson Stylus Pro 4000

Would it be possible to create your pages from sheets printed on one side only, folded and glued and then bound?

The only machine you mention that is capable of critical registration from front to back is an offset press--if it is one that has mechanical "side guide" registration (i.e., not a "duplicator").  My Epson 2400 just produced a fairly well registered book, but it doesn't sound like I had the high standards you do.

I have also recently used the self-service color printers at Kinko's to produce mock-ups with two-sided printing.  I used a different Kinko's for each project and was shocked at the difference in quality from one store to the other.  In fact, the backup on the second project wasn't acceptable and I ended up using output from the 2400, even though there were some problems with that too.

Tony