Re: [BKARTS] Tyvek

Although Tyvek, like all materials, has its shortcomings in certain
applications such as exposure to UV, it surely has plenty where it is an
ideal material.

Most grades of Tyvek have coatings of some sort on them.  Most commonly are
anti-static coatings which allow converters that take master Dupont rolls
weighing thousands of pounds to covert them down to smaller consumer size
rolls on high speed machinery.  Without these anti static coatings the
machines would have to run at much slower speeds to keep the static electric
charges down, making it more expensive.  And for most applications the
general public (manufacturing, construction, etc.) is not concerned about
these coatings, and rightfully so.

The base material of Tyvek (high density polyethylene or HDPE) is by nature
a stable plastic that is considered to be archival, however it is most of
these coatings that make it unsuitable for archival use.  I can say however
that we have been able to obtain uncoated Tyvek from Dupont and offer this
in rolls ranging from 10ft to 100yd in length.

They can be purchased on our web sit at this address:

http://apps.webcreate.com/ecom/catalog/product_specific.cfm?ClientID=15
<http://apps.webcreate.com/ecom/catalog/product_specific.cfm?ClientID=15&Pro
ductID=25809> &ProductID=25809

Regards,