Re: [BKARTS] Tyvek i

Patrician,

As I have mentioned previously there are many variables regarding working with Tyvek.
It is true that Tyvek should not be used in electro static copiers. However,
the new cool process lazer printers are compatible with Tyvak. Those who have not
printed or painted on Tyvek previously should keep in mind that it takes longer for the media to dry
because Tyvek is not absorbent like paper.

The heat-set off set lithographic process used with Tyvek requires low -energy heat set
inks and can get complicated because of the heat and solvent sensitivity. As I always tell my students,
run tests with your chosen materials before investing heavily.

This has been an informative exchange. I leave early AM to teach a week in Door County, WI so
I will be unable to contribute more. I do hope that many of you will continue the exploration of
this material and the many new processes.

joan

www.joanmichaels.paque.com
.

Patricia Grass wrote:

Everything I ever heard or read about tyvek said not to put it through a lazer printer or any high heat process. Have you really printed typvek in a lazer printer and not had it melt to the fuser gar?
Patty Grass

Yes, it can be run through  an ink jet  or lazer printer but there are
lots of variables here. i.e.

Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006

Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit