Re: [BKARTS] Niche Market?

. And I am determined to find it.
> Therefore, my question to the list is could you give me any
> general advice regarding how to go about marketing mywork? Thank
> you for your attention and consideration.

Theodore (? I assume from your email addy):

One option would be to set up your own on-line business....I'm thinking that
you could try listing your books on Tomfolio (http://www.tomfolio.com).

This would establish you as a book dealer although you are primarily selling
your own handcrafted books. Tomfolio is an international cooperative,
primarily for used/rare book and ephemera dealers although we also welcome
small publishers. I just ran your question past the Board of Directors, who
saw no problem with your type of books (and one member stated that she might
purchase one of your ABCDeries!!)

The requirements for listing are simple, including agreeing to a basic Code
of Ethics. The basic cost for under 4,000 listings is $35 a month (no
commissions or other charges, except that there is a charge for using the
co-op's credit card system if you don't have your own merchant account.)

We already have dealers who represent artists books and would be pleased to
have more.

 If you think you would be interested I would be more than happy to help you
figure out how to set up your listings, etc.

Regards, Lee

Lee Kirk
The Prints & The Paper
Cats are composed of Matter, Anti-matter, and It Doesn't Matter.

Charter member of ABookCoOp (TomFolio). We encourage you to support this
independent internet bookseller's cooperative, selected by the National
Retail Federation & American Express for exemplary retail customer service
practices, 2004.
"Your Corner Bookstore on the Internet"

http://www.tomfolio.com/shop/LeeKirk
http://www.kirksbooks.com
http://www.printsandthepaper.com

The Prints & The Paper - for old, odd, and unusual books, photographs,
postcards, and other paper ephemera.

The Prints & The Paper
PO Box 5432
Eugene, OR 97405 USA
PH: 541-683-7033
Visa, Mastercard, Discover,  American Express and PayPal accepted.

Member of:
A BookCoOp (TomFolio) and Ephemera Society of America.

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006