[BKARTS] Nepalese clasp vendor visit to NYC date/time set at CBA

Hi everyone,

I few weeks ago, I emailed the list to let you know about a Nepalese clasp vendor who will be visiting the U.S. who is interested in connecting with book artists here in the States.

Thanks to the generosity of The Center for Book Arts in NYC, Mr. Bindu Adhikary of Chino Crafts, Kathmandu, Nepal, will be at CBA talking about his company's work, showing photos of the craftmen at work in their factories and talking about the materials they use in the manufacture of their bone, bamboo and horn clasps and of their handmade papers.

The evening will be part of the Center's Public Program and will be held on Tuesday, August 29 starting at 6:30pm.

Mr. Adhikary will be bringing samples of the clasps that his company fabricates and he will have some for sale. They use bone, bamboo and horn and have many, many designs suitable for use by book artists. They even have carved "bone" folders offered in both white bone and black horn.

Mr. Adhikary will also have samples of their Nepalese Lokta Fiber papers which might be of interest - both laser/injet printable and large sheets in many colors and textures.

There will be a $5 suggested donation at the door which will go directly to support The Center for Book Arts.

The Center for Book Arts
28 W. 27th St., 3rd fl.
New York, NY 10001

As the "planner" of this evening talk and introduction of Mr. Adhikary to the NYC-based book artists, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

This is a great opportunity for book artists to meet and start a relationship with a manufacturer directly.

To have an idea of how many people we can expect, if you would be so kind as to RSVP your interest to my email address, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Marie-Celeste Edwards
for DHP Papermill & Press
158 North Clinton Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
phone (845) 454-8151
fax (845) 454-6429
direct   mce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web www.dhproductions.net

P.S.: I will be posting dates for Portland, Minneapolis and Boston under separate cover, but no "location" has been set for any of those cities. For those cities, he is willing to schedule meetings. Again, more to come shortly on that.

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006