From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Kathleen Garness
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 7:43 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: watercolor paper hinges for folding pages?

I am working on a book which will have some fold-out pages in Arches 140 lb
watercolor paper or similar (I might use Twinrocker because they have paper
that has four deckle edges of the size I need). I am asking whether anyone
has hinged paper such as this for multiple folds. I have a good concept for
the page but have experienced W/C paper to split at the folds so have
decided to hinge each section. But with what?  I could use bookcloth to
match the paper but it might be too obtrusive. The pages that fold out will
have at least two sequential folds so it unfolds like a Z.

Thanks in advance,

Kathy G

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006