Re: [BKARTS] Susan Wojcicki and Books at Google

To some extent, this is already being done. Even my small local public library has an on line directory of books and other library material that includes images of the cover, table of contents, reviews, and sometimes excerpts, sort of ala Amazon.com.

Yes, many questions raised, especially about copyrights. I am hopefully finishing up my dissertation at UCF and they require the final version to be in pdf form and uploaded to a database. There is zero hard copy requirements, even for my committee members. While I understand the practical nature of not having room in the school library for hard copies any more, I'm not real thrilled with the idea of my work electronically available. I write on line for part of my living, and it does get "borrowed" now and then.

Tammy
www.tammypowley.com