Re: [BKARTS] Bright Hill Center's 5th Annual North American Juried Book Arts Exhibit

Hi Ed,
     I was looking forward to seeing your new work, but I guess I'll just
have to be patient. And definitely will be prepared to be WOWED in 2007!
     How are you? I'm sure you're very busy, as usual. We just finished our
2nd session of kids workshops - had 17 kids enthralled with the Dark Ages,
specifically, dragons et al. We made papier mache monsters and dragons, and
one group of four chose to learn several different paper engineering
techniques - they really did well, and they learned some Old English in the
process. Now we're gearing up for the entries, and I think we're going to
have a lot. Small Press Distribution told me they sold out of our Book Arts
2005 catalog, and I have to ship more, which is always a good sign.
   On a sad note: Our old dog, Lily, just died. She was 11, but she had
terrible arthritis, and she fell down the stairs last week and couldn't walk
anymore. Had an awful injury. We had to have her put to sleep a few days
later. Very, very sad. She was a lovely girl who had been abused for the
first year of her life. When she came to us, she attached herself to me. We
will miss her, but she would not have enjoyed another winter; she had begun
to hate the cold. We buried her next to the fabulous Luke dog, who died in
2002, and I'm planting burning bushes and hydrangeas all around their graves.

All best, good friend!
Bertha

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:41:57 -0400, Ed Hutchins wrote
> Hi Bertha,
>
> Damn, the new book will not be ready.  BUT I consider myself ahead
> for next year's exhibit.
>
> The book I'm working on is called "Gift 11: A Woven Legacy." It is a
> tribute to my great-grandmother, Estelle Morehouse. The pages have
> woven paper illustrations based on her scrapebook that had samples
> of Fredrich Froebel's 11th gift, paper weaving. The problem is: one
> slip of the knife and two pages are ruined. But the pages that are
> completed are beautiful. Prepare to be WOWED in 2007.
>
> I know that you and Richard will put together a terrific show this
> year and I'm looking forward to purchasing a catalog.
>
> Hugs, Ed
>
> Bertha Rogers wrote:
>
> >Dear Book Arts Friends,
> >	Just a reminder that Bright Hill Center's 5th Annual North American
Juried Book Arts