Re: [BKARTS] Moskva and St. Petersburg

Howsabout an artists' book to assist in planning your Russian adventure?
Here are some views and commentary of "The Red Square--Moscow" by Gea
Grevink:

http://www.library.fau.edu/depts/spc/jafferedsquare.htm

Just for the fun of it, of course, and since we're all book artists, anyway.

By the way, at Convivio Bookworks, we bought a supply of painted wooden
pysanki eggs from a family of craftsfolk there in Moscow for our Book of
Days Catalog. We never got to meet the family, but it was pretty thrilling
to get packages from Russia loaded with Cyrillic printed words... kind of
like opening a book in a language you can't read. And I swear the eggs were
still cold when we received them here in Florida. When the family shipped
the eggs to us, the temperature in Moscow, they said, was 40 below zero...
which is way beyond the comprehension of this Florida Boy. The pysanki are
at:

http://www.conviviobookworks.com/pages/BODC%20Spring%20Pysanki%20Painted%20E
ggs.html

Enjoy your adventure!

John Cutrone
Book Arts Coordinator
The Arthur & Mata Jaffe Collection: Books as Aesthetic Objects
Florida Atlantic University Libraries
http://www.jaffecollection.org

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006