Re: [BKARTS] NCR paper; was Itchy hand syndrome

Actually, National Cash Register DID develop NCR paper.

They also developed a main-frame computer system, one of
which I operated many years ago. Their proprietary computer
coding language was named 'Neat 3,' a variant of Cobol, if
memory serves.

Jack

>Thanks for the definition of NCR, Jack. I'd had no idea what it was and
>had forgotten to ask. I didn't think that the  National Cash Register
>company produced their own!
>
>Lavinia Adler
>
>On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 04:06:09 -0700 "Jack C. Thompson" <tcl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>writes:
>> No Carbon Required (NCR) papers have been problematic since they
>> came on the market nearly 50 years ago.

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217