[BKARTS] Questions re attaching & stamping foil

My husband has a copy of Blank on the Map by Eric Shipton with a card signed
by Shipton laid in. He'd like to attach the card to the prelims in a way
that both sides of the card (business card of another noted climber, who
obtained the signature for him) can be viewed. Some kind of hinge would
work, but using what material, what adhesive, and attached to what part? Or
would it be better to put the card into an archival clear sleeve and attach
that? (Who knows what the composition of the card might be.)
Conservator-minded replies appreciated.

ALSO: I noticed some questions about locating a foil stamping firm. I'd like
to locate some USED stamping foils. I suspect that the type I'm look for is
a lower-grade product. I have a small sample of foil that transfers very
easily with a tacking iron. I have a roll of apparently  higher-quality foil
(I suspect it's Talas, but it was given to me with no identification
attached) that requires a great deal more heat and pressure. I assume that
the first piece was used for churning out HS yearbooks or similar, since it
is about 8 inches wide and has a year date defoiled throughout. I really
want discards (any color) for which I will pay a small amount plus shipping
costs. Anyone know where I can scrounge such material?

Thanks, Lee

Lee Kirk
The Prints & The Paper
Cats are composed of Matter, Anti-matter, and It Doesn't Matter.

Charter member of ABookCoOp (TomFolio). We encourage you to support this
independent internet bookseller's cooperative, selected by the National
Retail Federation & American Express for exemplary retail customer service
practices, 2004.
"Your Corner Bookstore on the Internet"

http://www.tomfolio.com/shop/LeeKirk
http://www.kirksbooks.com
http://www.printsandthepaper.com

The Prints & The Paper - for old, odd, and unusual books, photographs,
postcards, and other paper ephemera.

The Prints & The Paper
PO Box 5432
Eugene, OR 97405 USA
PH: 541-683-7033
Visa, Mastercard, Discover,  American Express and PayPal accepted.

Member of:
A BookCoOp (TomFolio) and Ephemera Society of America.

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006