From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Esther Kibby
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:49 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Binder board

Who supplies this mat board?

On Aug 23, 2006, at 8:44 PM, Octavia & Co. Press wrote:

> Gina,
>
> I'm about to make some of our other book people here angry and say that
> we have found that I've had nothing but poor results with Davey style
> chip board, and incredible results with Peterborough 5036 style mat
> board. I'm not sure if this is the real name for it, as we get it from
> local art supplier. We get about 12 books per $6.00 sheet, and it
> doesn't warp, carves beautifully, and is all around wonderful to use.
> It
> is also acid free.
>
> Robert L. Angus
> Octavia & Co. Press

Esther Kibby, MFA, Professor/Designer
Interactive Media Design
Graphic Design
Book Arts
Art Institute of Dallas
voice: 214.692.8080
email: ekibby@xxxxxxxxxx

Guild of Book Workers' 100th Anniversary Exhibition Now Online - Catalog
Available

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit