Re: [BKARTS] Nipping or standing press materials

Book_Arts-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Saturday, August 26, 2006 at 1:45 PM -0500 wrote:

My method is a bit more crude for nipping the small edges of 4x6 covered boards, I sandwich
my covers between waxed paper to prevent any adhesive from making contact with my press.
This suggestion came by way of Michael Alpert, a bookbinder in Maine.

I think mylar would be excellent for cleaning up as well. Thanks for posting this Bill.

-Heather Anne

>Bill Minter
>
>Alternatively, I use two sheets of binder board covered with Mylar. The
>binder board is a bit softer so, if for example, a new book cover is
>nipped, the outer area of the turn-ins are not polished. The Mylar
>covered board is easy cleaned, and this pressing board is not damaged,
>if any adhesive was present. I have used the same pressing board for
>years and years.

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006