Re: [BKARTS] Kinky Paper

I spray it with a light, fine mist on both sides of the paper at the kink
and maybe half an inch on either side, to soften it up; let it sit for ten
minutes or so to absorb, and then carefully iron the backside of the paper.
You will need to find a piece of white cloth like a cotton bedsheet and put
it under your paper; put the paper flat, drawing side down, on the floor or
other hard, large, heat resistant working surface, and put another piece of
white cotton fabric between the iron and the paper and then carefully iron
it on a low to medium setting. You can also place a weighted board on top of
the paper to press it but I have not tried that method too often; I'm too
impatient. Be careful of your edges - this almost sounds like a two-person
job, handling the paper. What you don't want to do is make more crimps,
which is really easy to do with that size.

Kathy G

                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006