[BKARTS] Call for Entries

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to announce an artists' book exhibition that I will juror.

Book in Hand
Juror: Pattie Belle Hastings
February 17 to March 18, 2007

Although the scope of the artist's book is wide-ranging and complex, many
artists' book shows are glass encased viewings that reveal only a small part
of a book or they are precious, white-glove-only handlings, which create a
distance between book and reader that is often artificial and constraining.
One enduring, intentional quality of the book is its physical, intimate
relationship with a reader. Book in Hand is an exhibition of artists' books
that are meant to be handled and read, thus a show that celebrates and
affirms, in this digital age, the materiality of the book in any of its
myriad forms, and the tactile, physical pleasures of an individual act of
"reading." Artists' books selected for this exhibition must able to be
handled by gallery visitors without gloves.

Arts + Literature Laboratory, New Haven, CT
(ALL is a cooperative for visual artists, writers, performing artists and
everyone who supports the creative arts.)

http://allgallery.org/

The full prospectus for Book in Hand can be downloaded from:
http://www.colleentully.com/allgallery/exhibit_BookInHand07.asp

Pattie Belle Hastings
Webmistress for http://jab-online.net/ among many other things…

PS: I am on the list digest, so if you have questions, please email me off
list.

Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006