[BKARTS] book binding or book cloth tape

Hello -
In browsing supplies from various sources, I've run across reference to two
kinds of book binding tape.  I'm wondering what you do with it and whether
it's any good and does anyone actually use it.

There's the "binding tape" from a place that appears to be mostly scrapbooks
(about which I know very little)

http://www.makingmemories.com/products/details/book_binding.cfm

and there's "cloth tape" from Paper Source

http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/bookbinding/cloth_tape.html

It seems kind of handy, but I'm not sure what for.  Any ideas?

Selene

P.S. I couldn't find discussion of this in the archives, so my apologies if
you've talked this to death and my search skills are lacking.  If you direct
me to a thread title, I'll research.  Thanks.

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006