[BKARTS] OPEN CALL for BookOpolis 2006 at Asheville BookWorks

ASHEVILLE BOOKWORKS
Open Call for Artists' Books
September 18-22

Calling all book artists! We invite you to bring or send your work to Asheville BookWorks during the week of September 18-22 for inclusion in the Second Annual BookOpolis Exhibition. The call is open for this non-juried exhibition, and we invite book artists of all levels to participate. Our purpose with this exhibition is to showcase the incredible amount and variety of bookmaking that is currently going on in the Asheville area and beyond.

To participate, simply bring your books by the studio any time between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm during the week of September 18-22. There will be a receiving table waiting for you, complete with intake forms and a safe place for you to leave you work. If you are mailing your work, please contact BookWorks and request an electronic entry form to complete and send with your work. Mailed submissions should be sent to:

Asheville BookWorks
428 1/2 Haywood Road
Asheville, NC 28806
ATTN: BookOpolis 2006

All books will be on display for the entirety of BookOpolis 2006, at both the September 29th Exhibition Opening and the September 30th Family Activity Day. Books will be available for pick-up during the following week of October 2-6. For return by mail, please enclose an SASE with your mailed submission.

If you have any questions, please give us a call at 828-255-8444, send us an e-mail at info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, or visit our website at www.ashevillebookworks.com.

**************************

Bridget Elmer
Assistant Director