Re: [BKARTS] Publishers' Binding Exhibit

Thanks for posting this. It's a well executed and informative display.

Vernon

On Sep 12, 2006, at 7:54 AM, Andrea Reithmayr wrote:

The University of Rochester's Department of Rare Books, Special Collections & Preservation would like to announce the online exhibit, "Beauty for Commerce: Publishers' Bookbindings 1830-1910" based on a physical exhibit that was on display here in 2002. http://www.lib.rochester.edu/rbk/Publishers bindingsIn addition to the many publishers' bindings throughout our collections, we also have a discreet collection of more than 1,200 volumes from 1820-1920. A link on the "About our Collection" page of the online exhibit will allow you to browse the records for these items. Andrea Reithmayr
Rare Book Conservator, University of Rochester Libraries
Rush Rhees Library
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627
(585) 275-9291

****** ****** ****** ****** Wiering Books 1553 Orville Street SE Grand Rapids, MI 49507 USA 616/248-5434

Period bookbinding and restoration, by hand.

Visit
http://www.wieringbooks.com

Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006