Re: [BKARTS] Dry mount photo adhesives & others

9-12-2006

6:30 PM

Dear Louise,

I would suggest you write directly to the customer service at 3M..

Georgia Chilton

At 12:04 AM 9/12/2006, you wrote:
Dear All,

I am investigating some new styles of putting together photograph albums.

For dry mounting photographs I have been trying to find information about
archival quality double sided adhesives that I could buy in bulk & use to
either laminate the photograph or to attach it to paper. There seem to be
lots of products on the market but with very little information on the
technical properties. Even well known companies like 3M don¹t have any
information on their web site.

Would it be better to look into wet mounting as a more archival option?

I¹m also looking for detailed information on photo album structures. I have
the book series by Richard Horton

Any books, papers, web sites on these subjects? Any tips or pointers?

With thanks

Louise Garnaut Bookworks Limited Room F 8/F Ho Lee Commercial Building 38 - 44 D'Aguilar Street Central Hong Kong Tel (852) 2559 0175 Fax (852) 2858 1931 Email: louise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006