To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:33 AM
Subject: Re: Straightening Rolled Paper

Tara, what do you weight it with so it doesn't buckle?

Kathy

On Sep 13, 2006, at 5:07 AM, Tara Bryan wrote:

Scott- I have used the Arches 140lb. paper in rolls forever. I unroll it on a large clean table, misting both sides and weighting the end so it will relax as I unroll it. In my experience, paper will always tend to buckle when wet on one side- light papers will absorb the dampness from misting, glue, etc. and relax, but heavier papers have to be dunked in a tub or misted on both sides. I tear the paper to size and weight it to dry. It isn't as flat as stretched paper, but you don't lose the edges when it pulls out of the staples, either.
cheers,
Tara

Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006