[BKARTS] Volunteers Needed to Teach an Art Project to Kids at the WeHo Book Fair

The Los Angeles Book Arts Center is looking for volunteers to assist with a
children's book making project this Sunday, November 17 at the West  Hollywood
Book Fair.  It is a fun filled event and an opportunity for  you to empower
and delight children.

We have created a very simple handmade book that we can quickly teach you  so
you can then teach children and help them with any  problems they encounter.
We will be hosting this free book activity all  day, 10 am to 5 pm at the
book fair which is located at West Hollywood  Park, 647 San Vicente Blvd.  There
is free parking across the street at the  Pacific Design Center AKA the big
blue whale located at San Vicente and  Melrose.   Please visit the following
link for more information  on the West Hollywood Book Fair _West Hollywood Book
Fair  2006_ (http://www.westhollywoodbookfair.org/Mambo/) .

Join us for a few hours or the whole day, whatever works best for you and
help a child experience the joy of creating their own book.  Please e-mail,
_LAGourmet@xxxxxxxx (mailto:LAGourmet@xxxxxxx)  or call (310) 657-2616  to let us
when you will be available to help out.

Thank you and we look forward to a beautiful and joyous day in the  park.

Lisa Deutsch
President
Los Angeles Book Arts  Center
www.LABookArts.com
8642 Gregory Way
Suite 301
Los Angeles, CA  90035
(310) 657-2616
_LAGourmet@xxxxxxxx (mailto:LAGourmet@xxxxxxx)

The Los  Angeles Book Arts Center is a creative, intellectual and technical
nonprofit  resource for artists, collectors, dealers, curators and all
individuals  interested in the book and paper arts.
It is our  mission to serve as a network and clearinghouse for information,
education and  resources. We will accomplish this through networking,
workshops, lectures,  publications, exhibitions and outreach.
Our commitment  is to build a strong community as well as to further
individual pursuits in the  book and paper arts.

                    Flag Book Bind-O-Rama and Exhibit
                   Entry Deadline, September 15, 2006