Re: [BKARTS] Resources for Civil War era bindings

Chad:

Not sure what sort of details you're looking for, but I can
suggest the following online resources having to do
chiefly with bookbinding cover designs over time:

Alan Shalette

--------------------------

Cover Story:   19th Century Cloth Book Covers
http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/spec/baldwin/covers/coverstory.htm

American Decorated Publishers' Bindings, 1872-1929 by Richard Minsky http://minsky.com/pub-dec-other.htm

UNT Libraries Rare Book & Texana Collections, Victorian Bookbinding Exhibit http://www.library.unt.edu/rarebooks/exhibits/binding/default.htm

Judging a Book by Its Cover Gold-Stamped Publishers' Bindings of the 19th Century http://www.columbia.edu/cu/lweb/eresources/exhibitions/gilded/

Publishers' Bindings Online, 1815 - 1930: The Art of Books
http://bindings.lib.ua.edu/

Hand Bookbindings Plain and Simple to Grand and Glorious http://libweb5.princeton.edu/visual_materials/hb/hb.html

Beauty for Commerce: Publishers' Bindings, 1830-1910
http://www.lib.rochester.edu/index.cfm?page=3352

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chad Pastotnik" <chad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>